Friday, January 16, 2009

Birthday Pizza

Have I mentioned that my wife makes the world's best pizza crust? Thin crust, with a bit of whole wheat flour in the dough. She made several pies for daughter's 9th birthday. One of my favorites is this one with caramelized onion and blue cheese for the adults. The kids got mozzarella and pepperoni. For vegetables lovers there was the ever-popular broccoli variety. Pizza made at home is so easy there's really no reason to order out for it. We keep a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven full-time. Besides crisping the pizza crust, it helps regulate the heat in our old electric oven.

Here's the recipe for the dough.

2 comments:

JacquelineC said...

We do too. Pies crisp better on it - no more soggy bottoms. Breads brown beautifully.

I often put a bit of semolina in the crust. Nice and crispy.

Anonymous said...

I would be keen to use half of the dough and freeze the remainder for another time. I wonder if this works? At what point in the recipe should the dough be put inot the freezer?