Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Breakfast

Leftovers: sweet potato galette, greens and sauteed mushrooms.

Preparation time: 5 minutes

Shopping: none

The sweet potato galette is delicious any time of day. The greens arrived last week in our CSA box. Typically I do not wrack my brain over how to prepare them, but simply boil all the various greens together then use them as a side dish with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar, or as an ingredient in frittatas, soups, etc.

As for the mushrooms: I am always buying more than we really need. I cook them down to keep them from going bad, then they are handy for a meal on short notice.

2 comments:

Maureen Reynolds said...

That's a hearty breakfast - perfect for working on your compost.

Collards?

Ed Bruske said...

Maureen, if it ever stops raining I will be able to work on our compost.

We don't grow collards much because we get them in our CSA delivery.