Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Breakfast

Sour cherry cobbler with farm-fresh half-and-half.

Preparation time: five minutes

Shopping: none

Here's a real treat first thing in the morning: fininding sour cherry cobbler left over from Sunday's dinner.



Quick! Get me a bowl!

I heated the cobbler in the microwave, then doused it with some of the sweet half-and-half we get delivered from South Mountain Creamery.

Bar the door and hold the cholesterol! It doesn't get any better than this, scooping up warm biscuit with tangy cherries and sweet syrup, all swimming in that creamy goodness. Takes me back to my childhood....

4 comments:

Celia Hart said...

Oh YUMMY!!!! that's looks like my sort of pudding (breakfast! mmm? maybe? but there probably wouldn't be any leftover from the night before!)

Celia

Joanna said...

Ed I love how you're so enthusiastic for leftovers at breakfast time ... I love them too, but it takes me until lunchtime to be able to eat them :)

This looks particularly good

Joanna

Ed Bruske said...

Celia, I just recently learned that when you Brits say "pudding," you mean dessert. Over here, pudding just means something jiggly in the bottom of a bowl. As usual, your way is much more charming. And, yes, you could call this a breakfast "pudding" and there will be some left over from the night before if you don't invite too many people over to share it.

Joanna, I think you are in the same camp as my wife. She doesn't like to eat in the morning either. She'd much prefer if we had our big meal of the day at noon, then took a long nap. I wake up pretty famished and could easily continue eating all day long. I don't know how it is that we always seem to have these leftovers in the fridge all the time, but I'm glad we do. It certainly cuts down on the time needed to put meals together.

WeekendFarmer said...

Yum!!! I can start driving now : ) Do you have any left???